TRACK

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Limited Collector's Edition


I found all sorts of funny stuff as I went through my old papers ahead of our big move a month or so ago. Including what I'm sure are the only existing copies of "Ye Olde Tribune" or "The Apartment Tribune," proudly serving the Garden Apartments of New Alexandria, Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh.

My good friend Tony Bezich and I wrote, typed, and distributed this "newspaper" in August 1975. I was 14 years old. Tony and his family lived in the Garden Apartments at the time. My family lived in a house down the road a bit.

Pretty embarrassing for a 14-year-old, but I guess it's an interesting artifact, considering that I did become a journalist.

I will say, we did a pretty good job of filling two typed pages considering the complete news vacuum in New Alexandria.



No comments:

Post a Comment